Consumer Event Launch
The Home Builders Association of Portland’s membership directed the HBA to create a new home show that helped promote and sell existing new home inventory.
THE EVENT PROPERTIE’S CHALLENGE
- Develop a new brand that would excite the home buyer market
- Launch a set of integrated media tools to drive exposure to the new home listings in the show
- Drive traffic to the homes with a show that had ZERO brand awareness
- Develop a critical new non dues revenue stream for the association
- Developed a targeted and compelling brand that connects with the emotional excitement that home buyers have when they are looking for a new home. Specifically targeted at the special relationship consumers have with visiting Open Houses to find their perfect family home.
- Developed a logo, television, radio, print, out door, online display, listing, pay-per-click, SEO, Social Media and email marketing to build awareness, drive traffic and sell homes.
Branded Content: Own the market
- Developed and partnered with the OREGONIAN, the region’s largest daily newspaper ,to create a branded magazine which included home content and full profiles of each show home. The magazine was distributed as a special section in over 300,000 newspapers. The Saturday and Sunday real estate sections around the show were devoted to specific editiorial about the show.
- Launched a television advertising program that provided a dollar to dollar match to the media buy and creates special 10 second bumpers to accompany builder advertising for the show.
NEW REVENUE CHANNEL; Sponsorships and TV Advertising Revenue
- Launched a comprehensive sponsorship program that included 2 presenting sponsors and six partner sponsors.
- Negotiated a business development program with the local NBC affiliate to build on-air televisions sponsorships where a % of all revenue was shared with the local HBA.
The show become the largest scattered site home tour in the Northwest with over 30% of the builders selling a home during the show, 79% of the builder surveys said they had double the traffic of a normal open house and 29% said they had a 600% increase in foot traffic. Sponsorships, builder fees and non dues revenue exceeded goal in the second year of the show providing the HBA’s 4th largest revenue stream in just two years.